Nowadays horses perform various sports, carry us along trails, do tricks and play games, and just plain make us feel good, and they still make sacrifices for our pleasure.
Humans have long taken horses for granted, and assumed the horse exists for our use and our pleasure. Thankfully, this view is beginning to change. More and more humans are changing their view of the horse, and the belief that is beginning to evolve, and which is my belief as well is:
- The horse owes us nothing.
- The horse is a kind and generous being, and we need to repay her with kindness and generosity.
” The Power of Proper Riding”. The horse is an intelligent being and deserves to be educated using a kind and intelligent approach, as opposed to being trained and programmed.
- The horse is deserving of our utmost respect, admiration and loving care.
- The horse is a sentient being, and should be treated as such with kindness, caring, understanding and compassion.
- The horse does not lie, and is not deceitful. Therefore, she can teach us about honesty, truthfulness and integrity.
- The horse does not judge and accepts us for who we are. Therefore, she can teach us how to be non judgmental and allowing.
- The horse forgives easily. Therefore, she can teach us how to be more forgiving.
- The horse easily accesses her Inner Healing Wisdom, and demonstrates this for us if we wish to learn to heal ourselves.
- The horse lives in the moment and therefore, she can teach us how to be in the moment as well.