Volunteer Opportunities ~ 2014
Upcoming volunteer orientation dates are always TBD. Usually held on Saturdays at 1pm.
Check back in regularly for updates.
Visiting hours are Saturdays from noon until 3pm or by appointment.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org to attend and for ranch directions.
Volunteers must be at least 15
years of age, although minors under the age of 15 are welcome, they MUST
be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times when at the rescue.
We look forward to working with you to make PMR a safe haven for our
equine residents and rewarding & educational experience for all
Did you know that you can do your community service here?
Please leave your dog at home. They make our rescues nervous.Thank you.
There are many important tasks that can be done for horses without ever touching a horse!
Explore opportunities that exist (Build a Bear foundation/ Petco/ NAVS/ USEF/google and learn
Every effort helps!
*Create a competition! Schools compete against each other to raise most funds in a month winner names new rescue baby!
*Create an online auction: Ebay or FB
*Create an event to hold a raffle/small silent auction (I think this time of year a wine and cheese open house would be super, we could sell PMR wines as gifts, get great raffle prizes....
* Track down all the local stables, find out when they are hosting their holiday party at the barn.Ask if we can attend, and host a table with brochures and gift items for sale! Get the word out and make new friends!
* It has been mentioned to me to contact all the local houses of Worship. Take time to make a visit and leave brochure and materials. Explain how the need this time of year is so great, could they mention us in their Sunday Sermon?
* I'd like to designate one person to manage PMR's facebook page.one upload
or happy positive/funny comment daily..build our friend base.
Horse Chores 2014
- Afternoons; Muck 3 stalls and fill with fresh bedding. Even if days are partially filled many hands make light work!
- Help erect the last shelter roof, It is ready to go up!
- Purchasing Cinderblock/ Installation of Cinderblock behind tractor cover.
- Purchase 36 feet of gutters for the back end of the stalls.
- Fencing..we have 200 linear feet of fencing to be replaced....
If interested please email email@example.com with
your interest and we will get back to you asap.
We always need help and don't
feel shy to contact us!